In 2023, Zoom and Google Meet are two of the most popular video conferencing software solutions for small businesses, but which is best? Both offer reliable audio and video quality, with Zoom offering slightly better audio than Google Meet.
Both software providers allow up to 100 participants on their basic plans. However, Zoom caps group meeting time at 40 minutes on its free plan – if you need more than this then upgrading to their paid plans is necessary where as Google Meet allows up to an hour!
When it comes to features such as screen sharing, desktop recording and file sharing, both Zoom and Google meet offer these features but Zoom has an edge over Google meet in terms of the number of participants they can support. Zoom allows up to 1,000 participants while Google Meet only offers 250.
Google Meets security measures make it ideal for sensitive discussions such as those involving intellectual property or other confidential information. All conversations are encrypted between users and Google uses AI technologies to detect potential security threats while monitoring user behaviour both during meetings and overall activity on the platform.
Furthermore, users can opt-in for two-factor authentication when they log into their account which adds an extra layer of security when accessing the platform.
- Easily host video calls with up to 100 participants.
- Share your screen and collaborate in real time.
- Make a great impression on customers and partners.
- Connect with colleagues around the world without leaving home.
- Enhance team collaboration.
- Develop greater trust and understanding through face-to-face conversations.
- Streamline communication with colleagues, partners, and customers.
- Access data directly from the cloud for real-time collaboration.
- Integrate with existing business tools like CRM or project management software for a seamless workflow.
- Automate repetitive tasks and save time across your organisation.
- Google Meet is free to use for small businesses
- You can hold video meetings with up to 100 participants
- Meetings are easy to join, even if you don't have a Google account
- You can record your meetings and save them to Google Drive
- You can share your screen, whiteboard and files with participants
- Google Meet includes helpful features like real-time captions, background blur and noise cancellation
- You can easily use chat to communicate during meetings
- The app syncs across all devices, so you can join from anywhere
- Security is a priority with Google Meet
Overall, Zoom and Google Meet are both excellent options when it comes to video conferencing solutions for small businesses in 2023.
Zoom is a good choice if you're looking for an affordable solution with better audio quality or want to host larger groups at a lower price point, while Google Meet is a great option if you need the flexibility of unlimited group meeting times. The choice ultimately depends on your particular needs and budget.
Both providers offer reliable audio and video quality which makes them ideal for startups and small businesses looking for a reliable solution for their video conferencing needs.
Looking for more marketing tips for your small business? Check out our other blogs and reviews, all aimed at supporting startups and small businesses.
Top tips for getting started, latest news from the world of business tech & digital marketing. Guides to grow & improve your small business fast.
Our guides & reviews for the tech you need to grow you business.
Give yourself valuable hours back each week & ensure your business stays in the black with accounting software.Guide & Reviews
Are you a small business capturing email addresses but not making the most of the data you now have?Guide & Reviews
We know small business budgets are tight, whatever your design requirement we have suggestions to help you achieve your goals.Guide & Reviews
Want versatile payment solutions? We have tested the market's biggest brands so that you can start accepting card payments fast.Guide & Reviews
There is no bigger to-do list than that of a business owner, that's why productivity software is big news.Guide & Reviews
Do I need a website for my small business? Regardless of your industry, the answer will always be yes!Guide & Reviews